Next 10 Ventures is launching its first Incubator program, established to invest and support education and learning-focused digital video creators. The goal behind the program is to help video creators become sustainable full-time EduCreators. It’s times like this that I wish I would have continued my career as a YouTuber. Just kidding, I don’t have the stamina to write, shoot, edit, and publish video content. It’s a lot!
The program will admit 25-40 education-focused creators for one year. During that time, they’ll be provided with resources to help them plan out their next 10 years as EduCreators. Focus areas include seed funding, business planning, EduCreator Bootcamp, peer networking, mentorship support, and wellness resources.
You must be a creator who regularly makes education or learning-related videos on platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc. Other criteria include:
- Minimum of 750,000 total views on one platform
- Minimum of 50,000 subscribers on one platform
- Upload volume of at least 8 videos in the last 12 months
- You must be at least 18 years old at the time of applying to the incubator
- You must have a registered or incorporated legal entity which is authorized to conduct business and accept investment funds in your resident country
- You must be able to maintain or exceed your current upload rate for the next 12 months
EACH APPLICATION WILL BE EVALUATED ON:
- Originality: How unique is your idea or topics?
- Creativity: How does your content expand the viewers’ imagination?
- Sustainable and Scalable Plans: Does your business plan clearly articulate how you plan to grow your work?
- Diversity: Does your channel/ videos reflect a broad variety of subjects, topics within a subject, educators, points of views, geographies, cultures, types of learners etc.?
- Depth of Subject: Are your topics broad or very specific?
- Impact: How large is your reach and engagement?
For more information and to apply, visit Next10Ventures.
Sounds like an amazing opportunity for someone, that could be you!